Friday, August 15, 2008

Wouldn't have it any other way...

Lack of freedom and being sleep deprive comes with having a bubba...but guess what...I would not have it any other way....I love being the first person to see my little one roll.....be the one to prepare his food and see his face cringe when it's something he doesn't like....I am starting to really enjoy myself.....I was brought up to be modest and not think about how good you have been doing...but recently I have allowed myself to think about it...even if it is just a tad...heee....and I do feel proud of what I have achieved...I see no reason why I should not be...as the nurse in the hospital said...she felt like a legend just by giving birth....

Do I wish I was back home in Singapore so that I can leave my baby with a maid or even his grandparents to do the daily cleaning up of poo and making his bottle? No. ABSOLUTELY NOT....it's the best part of being a parent.....to rely on my own...stand on my own two feet and be the first to see what my little one has to offer each and every day....of course I have the privilege of being on a long maternity leave to see it all.....I love what my life in Australia has to offer....and at this present moment...even though I am so tired from the lack of sleep...maybe it's because I am so tired from the lack of sleep....I feel humbled and privileged by the whole experience of being a mum....and at the risk of sounding cliche...it is all worth it...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

kudos mummy Jo... enjoy them at this stage, when they start running, you'll be feeling tired because you might not be able to catch up with them... haha...

Expert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Louis said...

kudos to mummy Jo... and to all great mums... esp my wife. :)

Anonymous said...

Must be writing this on one of your good days ya? haha.. (Sally)

Anonymous said...

Wan Xui to Jo Jo!!! Only the GREAT mummy will understand the joy and love of parenting :)
rz