Friday, March 6, 2009

ColdPlay Melbourne Concert

So this was what happened...the buildup....

Thomas was suppose to meet me at crown for dinner last night but then traffic was so bad that by the time he met me, we only had like 45 mins before the show starts, which was at 7pm. So we decided to make our way to Rod Laver Arena to try to get a park. Went up and down Alexandra Pde and found nothing, so we had to park at the other side of the hill. Was drizzling and of course I had left my umbrella at work. Got to Rod Laver, bought fish(1 piece) and chips, Wedges and a bottle of water..for the price of $20 bucks...but what do you expect...concerts are pricey...

Took our seats about 7-ish...they were halfway throught the first opening act "Decoder Ring"..not bad...left the stage about 8pm...thought the concert was going to start..but noooooooooo..they had to have a second opening act..tat was gross "Mercury Rev"..the lead singer..he sounded like a roasting donald duck, which gave me a headache and by the time they left the stage at close to 9pm, I was seriously over it.....not to mention the fact that there was this group of teenagers behind me yaking about their love life and this weird "couple" infront of me....the gal was soooo into the guy...but the guy just couldnt be bothered..it was such a sad sad sight..anywayz

States 7pm seated and at 9pm....the concert wasnt starting..but was it worth the wait??!WAS IT WORTH THE WAIT??!! IT WAS FANTASTIC...IT WAS REALLY BRILLIANT....the best concert I have seen...at 9.15pm the concert started...hits and hits were belted out....when they sang Yellow, big balloons came falling..the lasers..the effects..brilliant...and in the middle of the concert, they went up to the CHEAPO seats and sang a few songs there like 'I'm a believer'....and I have got to tell you...CHRIS MARTIN IS AN ABSOLUTE GENIUS..i cant say enough..gosh...the concert ended about 11ish...so not a very long one..but brilliant..well worth the 140 bucks we paid for each ticket....

my only wish...they had more hits and do away with the stupid second act so that they can start earlier...but my oh my...brilliant is an understatement...

and of course..all this isnt possible..if it werent for GWEN AND CK!!! I reckon they were the STARS of the night....they had to pick J up...feed him..bathe him...and put him to bed....AMAZING...

No comments: