Friday, November 23, 2012

D-9 to Ethan's Birthday

I've started on the second cake. It's made using Ghirardelli Brownie Premix bought from Costco. I've used 2 packets and baked it into a slightly bigger than A4 size tray. I found the picture, which I wanted, printed it to A4 size and cut it out to use as a stencil.

I placed the "stencil" onto the brownie and using a serrated knife, shaped the brownie.

Brownie is now sitting in the freezer wrapped in both cling wrap and aluminium foil.

YEAH! One cake done and since brownie freezes really well, I thought this will be great to cut down on some last minute rushing.

Shaped brownie using stencil













Useful Tips from the Internet:
  • Make sure cake is cool before cutting, it's much easier
  • Cake must be completely cooled before wrapping tightly and putting in the freezer to prevent it from sweating when defrosting. 

No comments: