Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Amazing Human Spirit

I am not one to weep at a car wreck or at the wreckage caused by an accident...in fact I am always cynical...I do not feel sad easily when someone has illness nor do I have great compassion for many things...I am not sure why but this time..the bushfire in Victoria just touched me in a way I have never felt before...I am not sure if it's because I am now a mum...and I "feel" more or it's because I have been to many of these places and I can relate...but I do know for sure that the human spirit is just amazing...the stories of the victims..the survivors...it's just amazing...you see images of the bushfire..and you feel for those people...and the community spirit of the Aussies...it's just amazing...a country with relatively small population..in the middle of recession can raise 44 million (last I heard)...people volunteering...people wanting to volunteer...I am just amazed at it all...makes you want to weep....

for donations
www.redcross.org.au

No comments: