Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Sick Jayden

Jayden caught the Hand, Foot and Mouth disease sometime last week. Since he didn't have a fever, was drooling and had blisters only on his feet, I thought that it was his shoes that were causing the problem..but the reason he was drooling was because poor bubba couldn't swollow as he had blisters in his mouth. Wasnt fun for both of us though...I had to feed him milk through a syringe for the first night and he got so annoyed because the whole process was just too slow.Because of the fact that he cant swollow, he has somehow gone off breastfeeding...so you could say that he has weaned himself off the breast totally...so how do I feel about it? Although I know that it has to happen sometime and I have started to wean him off slowly, I still somehow feel weird about it..not too sure how to describe it...abit of sadness I guess and I feel quite 'sayang' about the fact that I still have milk and yet he doesnt want it anymore...it's just a weird feeling..wonder if this is a sort of separation issue on my part..hmmmm..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, will pray for you and your bubba.